Are you an influencer who wants to positively affect how your profession is viewed?
Become an ACMDTT Council member!
- Help make an impact on strategic issues and enable purposeful decisions for your colleagues who are regulated by the ACMDTT
- Develop strong future focused policies for meaningful enhancement of your profession
- Acquire new skills and become more connected with the regulatory College
- Be mentored by experienced Council members and receive governance and leadership training and development
- “Big Picture” thinker
- Person of integrity
- Read testimonials from current and previous ACMDTT Council members. click here
Three-year term for elected radiation therapist to serve on Council
Presently, there is one Council vacancy to be elected by the ACMDTT membership. In accordance with the bylaws, this position must be filled by a radiation therapist. The elected member will serve a three-year term from July 2018-June 2021.
Nomination applications will be accepted until December 6, 2017. The election results will be announced in the Spring 2018.
Composition of ACMDTT Council
Council is comprised of eight regulated members including at least one regulated member from each capacity.
In addition, there are three public members who are appointed to Council by the Lieutenant Governor in accordance with the Health Professions Act (HPA).
- Typically held four times per year including at the Annual Conference
- Most meetings held at the ACMDTT office in Edmonton on a Friday evening and Saturday
- Meetings are planned to avoid interfering with regular work hours whenever possible
- All travel, meals and accommodation expenses are covered
- Receive ongoing education, experience and networking
- Complimentary registration at annual conference, as well as an honorarium
Council member role
- Determine and understand expectations of the organization
- Set policies and broad direction of the organization
- Govern the financial affairs through policy
- Ensure compliance with legislated requirements outlined under the Health Professions Act (HPA)
- Review and bring forward issues of major strategic importance to the organization
- Ensure succession planning in the leadership of the organization
- Evaluate the CEO/Registrar’s and the Board’s own performance
- Be positive advocates for the organization and speak with a unified voice once decisions have been made.
Expectations of Council members
- Attend meetings on a regular basis during your three year term.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Interact electronically with other Council members and the CEO between meetings to stay familiar with ongoing issues.
- Become familiar with incorporating documents, bylaws, Regulations and policies of the College
- Be properly prepared for Council deliberations by reading all meeting materials beforehand.
- Participate in workgroup assignments, and contributing meaningfully to ensure the effective and strategic function of the College.
Read and share the bulletin
Click here and share with others the bulletin highlighting “Become an ACMDTT Council Member!