- This event has passed.
SAIT Program Advisory Meeting – Calgary
June 9 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
To effectively meet the current and emerging needs of the employer, academia must have close links with the industry sectors they serve. A Program Advisory Committee provides a key linkage to gather input and receive advice on the number of employees required, the competencies that they should possess and emerging technical requirements.
The role of the advisory committee is to:
- Identify the extent to which NAIT/SAIT training is fulfilling employers’ needs.
- Advise the institution on the number of graduates required by the industry.
- Advise the institution on the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that graduates should possess.
- Advise the institution on industry trends, developments, and opportunities.
- Identify practicum training opportunities.
- Act as a planning, communications and program promotion link between the Radiology sector and NAIT
- Provide input on selection criteria and student recruitment.
- Verify program quality by reviewing program/graduate outcomes.
ACMDTT is represented by Pree Tyagi, Deputy Registrar