Get involved in regulation and compliance of your peer group.
Become a Tribunal Member.
The ACMDTT is looking for individuals that would like to be more involved with the College and the overall regulation and compliance of their peer group.
By becoming a Tribunal Member for the College, we offer you training in workshops such as:
- Introduction to Administrative Justice
- Decision Making
- Decision Writing Essentials
- Effective Hearings
- Interpreting Legislation
- Assessing Credibility
If you are someone that has an interest in these topics and would like to be a part of the College’s Hearings, please contact us.
We ask that you forward your resume and a brief description as to your interest and potential contributions in consequence to becoming a Tribunal Member.
What is involved in becoming a Tribunal Member?
The College does not have many hearings, so the commitment could be minimal. You would become part of a growing Tribunal Membership.
The requirements would generally involve a day’s participation in a hearing with time for making your decision and debriefing the decision. Your travel, lunch and expenses would be provided.
You would have access to a lawyer which whom you could confer and take advice and guidance as you deliberate on the issues before you, if needed.
What are we looking for? We need individuals that:
- understand the mission and mandate of the College
- examine facts without information bias
- abide by strong ethical values
- adhere to confidentiality
- portray a high degree of professionalism
- show fairness and empathy
- take the public’s concerns seriously
- look at the whole picture and all the impacts of the decision
- have a strong understanding of the six specialties of the College
- are committed to the concept of Administrative Justice
Please submit your interest to Michelle Wolf, Hearings Director (email@example.com)
- Go back to main Newsletter page – click here