This information is for applicants who have graduated from a College-approved educational program, hold Canadian certification and are planning to work as a technologist in Alberta.
Medical radiation technologists (MRT) and electroneurophysiology technologists (ENP) are governed by the Health Professions Act of Alberta. As per this legislation, an individual is required by law to be registered and hold a valid practice permit with the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists in order to legally practice within the designated specialty. They are required to have an active practice permit prior to an employment start date.
It is unlawful to practice as an MRT or ENP in Alberta without registration with the ACMDTT.
Registration requirements include:
- Completion of a general registration application and payment of appropriate fees.
- Verification of successful completion of an approved program of study in the specific specialty you are applying.
- Verification of successful completion of the approved entry examination.
- Completion of the Regulation Education Module. Log in information will be provided once an application is received by the College.
- Completion of the currency of practice hours form (new graduates are exempt from this requirement).
- Applicants applying for one specialty general register must have completed at least 800 working hours of practice in the appropriate area of practice within five years immediately preceding the date the registrar receives a complete application
- Applicants applying for registration on more than one general register must meet the criteria specified in a. above and have completed at least 160 working hours in the secondary area of practice within five years immediately preceding the date the registrar receives a complete application
Please refer to the Forms tab of this website for applicable forms.