The Health Professions Act requires members to be registered and to hold a valid practice permit with the College in order to legally practice within the designated specialties in Alberta. This information is specific to annual registration renewals and renewal processes.
- October 1 to November 30, 2017:
- annual registration renewal for 2018
- December 1, 2017:
- Registration renewal applications received on or after this date will be subject to an additional $150 administration charge applied as a late fee on top of the $450 registration fee
- December 31, 2017
- The online registration renewal system will close, you must contact the College to complete registration after this date.
- January 1, 2018
- If you have not completed the renewal process and paid the fees, your practice permit will be suspended and you must cease practice.
- Practicing the profession with an expired or invalid practice permit is considered unprofessional conduct.
2018 Annual Registration Renewal
Before going online, please have the following items ready:
- User ID and case sensitive password to login through the College website
- Practice Hours for 2017
- Locate your most recent 2017 paystub(s) from all employers and determine the number of practice hours you have worked so far in 2017.
- Add the number of hours you expect to work until December 31, 2017. Exclude vacation and sick-time hours.
- Current employer’s information.
- Payment Information
- If paying fees by VISA or MasterCard, have the credit card number ready.
New this year: Continuing Competence Program (CCP) analytics audit
The ACMDTT can now assess whether data have been entered into the online My CCP platform. This analytic tool has been used to identify any members who are attempting to renew without having completed their CCP. Please note:
- CCP completion for 2016/17 is expected to be completed by August 31, 2017.
- When certifying that you have completed your CCP in the declaration, if you have not done so, is defined as unprofessional conduct under the Health Professions Act, and may give rise to serious consequences.
- Registration will not be renewed for individuals who have not completed all of the requirements of their CCP under the Regulations.
- Your practice permit can be suspended, or have conditions imposed upon it if you attempt to renew, and have not completed the CCP requirements as set out in the regulations.
To contact the College with registration questions:
Please call the College at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org