This information is for students enrolled in an approved program in Alberta who are seeking registration with the College under student status.
If you are currently a student, looking for information on how to register for a temporary practice permit, refer to section Registrations/Canadian Applicants/Temporary Practice Registrations. If you are a student looking for information on how to register for a full active practice permit, refer to section Registrations/Canadian Applicants/Full Registration.
There are many benefits available to a student member registered with College which will be provided to the student throughout their training program and in their initial registration to practice in Alberta. The student membership category is required as established in the College bylaws and in Council policy. The following highlights some of the benefits received through student membership:
- The $100.00 student application fee is a one time fee which gives students all benefits associated with student membership while the applicant remains a student in the program. (Out-of-province student* application fee is $50.00)
- The $100.00 application fee for full or temporary registration will be waived for Alberta students registered on the College student membership category two years preceding the application for full or temporary practice. (This does not apply to out-of-province students) An Alberta graduate who has transferred out of Alberta to another province is no longer eligible for the application fee exemption upon return to Alberta.
- Student members will receive the College’s quarterly publication (Internal Matters). Internal Matters gives our members the most up-to-date information on important aspects of our members’ practice.
- The College works on behalf of its student members to facilitate the CAMRT certification exam sitting in Alberta. (This does not apply to out-of-province students)
- Student members will have the opportunity to register for the provincial conference at the much reduced cost of the student rate.
*Out-of-province students are considered to be students who occupy a seat in one of the Alberta programs through inter-provincial education agreements.