Examples of self-reflection
Learning Activity: CPR Recertification
- job requirement
- my boss makes me do it
- Now that I have recertified my CPR, I am better able to handle or assist in an emergency situation should the need arise.
- I am now more equipped with how to take action should a patient require lifesaving intervention. Despite the hospital having a “code team”, there are still things than should be done immediately while waiting for the code team to arrive and take over.
- I feel more confident that I can intervene to assist a patient if this becomes necessary.
Learning Activity: Regulation Education Module
- good to know
- Helps me meet my CCP hours
- I was forced to do this by the Hearing Tribunal
- I am now able to fully understand my responsibilities as a regulated professional which will enhance my professionalism and patient care.
Learning Activity: Applications Training
- Learned how to operate new camera system; learned new software
- I learned how to operate the new vendor camera system so that I am able to perform the imaging that is required of me when I work at the hospital site at which I am employed.
Learning Activity: Course on Cultural Competence
- I don’t deal with patients and so this has no bearing on my practice.
- Although I do not deal with patients directly, the skills and tools that I have gained through this training will help me in my position as a manager as I manage technologists from many different cultures/backgrounds. It will assist me in understanding cultural trends in communication that will allow me to have more effective conversations with my employees.