The Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (the College) uses an online application process for all registration pathways except for internationally educated applicants.
Finding Your Registration Pathway
Please review the registration requirements applicable to all applicants, then follow the application process appropriate to your situation:
- Alberta graduates of a College-approved educational program who have completed the entry-to-practice examination [online application process]
- Recent graduates of a College-approved educational program who have not yet completed the entry-to-practice examination applying for temporary registration [online application process]
- Canadian labour mobility applicants (MRTs who are currently registered to practice in another Canadian province where their specialty is regulated) [online application process]
- Canadian non-labour mobility applicants (Canadian graduates who practice as MRTs or ENPs in an unregulated province in Canada or who are not currently registered with their provincial regulatory authority in their home jurisdiction) [online application process]
- Internationally educated applicants (internationally educated applicants who seek to be registered to work in Alberta and are not registered to practice in another Canadian province or territory) [paper application process]
- Applicants currently registered in another jurisdiction who want to practice in Alberta for a set period of time not exceeding six months (courtesy registration) [paper application process]
- Current (general, temporary or student) and former registrants of the College who want to move to a different register or resign [online application process]
If you determine that you meet the requirements, you’re ready to apply for registration with the College by following these steps:
- Gather the required documentation,
- Complete the appropriate application, and
- Submit your completed application to the College.
Where indicated, original documents should be mailed to the College:
Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists
Suite 800, 4445 Calgary Trail
Edmonton AB Canada T6H 5R7
Application forms and document copies can be mailed to the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Specialty Requires an Application
If you plan on practicing in more than one specialty, you’ll need to submit a separate application for each specialty. You will also need to submit an additional and enhanced practice authorization application if you will be performing certain restricted activities.
Once you’ve submitted your application, the College will review it within three business days and contact you with the next steps.
If you have an application that has been incomplete or open for a month and a half, you will receive an email follow-up from the College. Any applications that are incomplete or open for three months will be withdrawn by the College and any application fee submitted will be forfeited.
For Current or Past College Registrants
If you are currently or previously a registrant of the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (the College), please visit the Members section for more information on other registration functions, including renewal, reinstatement, resignation and registration changes.
If you’re unsure which application process applies to your situation or if you have any questions, please contact the College at email@example.com or 780.487.6130 or toll-free at 1.800.282.2165.