The following resources are provided to help you access information and support that may help you.
- MyHealth Alberta (information source, search “sexual assault” or “sexual abuse”)
- 211 Alberta 24 Hour Information and Referral Service (search “sexual assault” or “sexual abuse”). You can also reach the Alberta 211 call centres using the following toll-free numbers: 1-855-266-1605 (Calgary, Central Alberta and Southern Alberta) and 1-888-482-4696 (Edmonton and Northern Alberta).
- Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services (AASAS)
- Health Link Alberta (Dial 811)
- Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton
- AHS’s new Sexual Assault Healthcare Provider Consult Line is now available 24/7 to healthcare providers to improve access to emergency healthcare and forensic evidence collection services for survivors of sexual assault. The consult line is staffed by specially trained and experienced registered nurses who provide guidance to healthcare providers conducting medical and forensic exams. These nurses can also answer questions about sexual assault examinations and forensic evidence collection. You can call the AHS Sexual Assault Health Care Provider Consult Line through AHS’s RAAPID referral service at:
- 1-800-661-1700 – for patients in and south of Red Deer
- 1-800-282-9911 – for patients north of Red Deer