If you are moving out of the province, retiring, or taking a leave of absence from your employment as a medical radiation or electroneurophysiology technologist, you may resign your registration. You only need to maintain your registration when you are actually practicing the profession in Alberta. If you’re taking a leave of absence, you can also consider the option of changing your registration status to a non-practicing associate.

To resign from the College, Complete the Registration Change Application: Leaving Practice form and submit it to the College. The College will email you a confirmation when your resignation is processed. If the requested date of your resignation falls on a weekend/statutory holiday, your resignation will be processed on the next business day.

Registration change applications cannot be backdated. Backdated registration change applications will be processed to show the effective date of the change as the date the application is received. Rules, regulations, fees and refunds will apply according to the effective date of the registration change.


Members who provide a completed Registration Change Application: Leaving Practice form with an effective date before June 30 may be eligible for a refund, per the schedule below:

Effective date Refund
January 1 – June 30 $225 refund
July 1 – December 31 No refund

If you have any questions about resigning your registration, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at or by phone at 780.487.6130.