The College began implementing our three-year strategic plan in 2019 by initiating several projects to enhance our regulatory capacity. One of our most significant projects has been upgrading our aging database, member portal and online public register. After a year of planning, development and testing, we launched the new system in July 2020. We’re using the same software as before (Alinity) but a newer version that features necessary security enhancements, a more user-friendly interface and a wider array of member functions. All of this has opened up opportunities for us to streamline registration processes, enhance member experience and improve accessibility to College information.
There are a lot of changes being rolled out that will affect our members, so we created this page to keep all the relevant updates together in one place. We encourage you to bookmark this page to stay informed about the latest developments and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
My Profile Upgrade
The new member portal is now live! Some of the changes in the new system include the following:
- All invoices for College fees can be paid online.
- The College now accepts Visa Debit and Debit Mastercard in addition to Visa, Mastercard and cheque.
- Members can complete their additional and enhanced practice authorization applications entirely online.
- Members can update their profile information online, including editing their education and employment information and changing their name.
- July 23, 2020: The new database and member portal is now live.
- July 31, 2020: All applicants residing in Canada are required to submit their criminal record checks online through Sterling Backcheck.
- August 3, 2020: All members in the general register will be able to apply for additional and enhanced practice authorizations online (not applicable to those with a temporary practice permit).
- August 31, 2020: The 2019-20 CCP cycle ends.
- September 1, 2020: The 2020-21 CCP cycle begins and changes to the My CCP platform go live.
- October 1, 2020: The online annual registration renewal system opens.
- November 30, 2020: Renewals completed after this date are subject to an additional $150 administration charge for members in the general register.
- December 31, 2020: The online registration renewal system closes.
- January 1, 2021: Regulated members who have not renewed will have their permits administratively suspended and must contact the College to complete their registration. Associate members who have not renewed will have their memberships administratively cancelled.
We will continue to provide updates on our website as important dates approach, instructions are released and new features are rolled out. For more details on the highlights listed above, please see our current published updates:
- New database and member portal go live next month June 11, 2020
- Online management of additional and enhanced practice authorizations June 26, 2020
- Online criminal record checks now available July 14, 2020
- New member portal now live July 23, 2020
- CCP cycle ending soon August 18, 2020
- Upcoming changes to My CCP August 18, 2020
- New CCP cycle begins today September 1, 2020
- Annual registration renewal opens October 1 September 17, 2020
- Registration renewal for 2021 now open October 1, 2020
- Registration renewal tips October 20, 2020
- Member portal scheduled maintenance December 8, 2020