This information is for students enrolled in a College-approved educational program in Alberta who are seeking to become a student member with the College.
If you are currently a student and looking for information on how to register for a temporary practice permit, refer to the Temporary Practice Registration section of this website or call the College for more information.
Benefits of Student Membership
There are many benefits available to being a student member of the College. These benefits are provided to the student throughout their training program and in their initial registration to practice in Alberta. The following highlights some of the benefits received through student membership:
- The $100 student application fee* is a one-time fee which gives students all benefits associated with student membership while the applicant remains a student in the program.
- When you apply for full or temporary registration after graduation, the $100 application fee for full or temporary registration will be waived for students registered as a student member of the College preceding the application for full or temporary practice. (This does not apply to out-of-province students) An Alberta graduate who has transferred out of Alberta to another province is no longer eligible for the application fee exemption upon return to Alberta.
- Student members will receive the College’s quarterly newsletter publication which will give you the most up-to-date information on important aspects of our members’ practice.
- Student members have the opportunity to register for the provincial conference at the much-reduced student rate.
- Student members are eligible to apply for ACMDTT awards which have monetary rewards and this is a great addition to your resume.
- Access to the Regulation Education Module. This learning module explains what it means to be a regulated member of the College and is encouraged by most medical radiation technology programs in Alberta. Further information may be found here.
To become an ACMDTT student member:
Requires completion of a Student Membership Application and payment of the appropriate fees
*Out-of-province student application fee is $50.00
**Out-of-province students are considered to be students who occupy a seat in one of the Alberta programs through inter-provincial education agreements.