Last updated March 8, 2022
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, the College is working to uphold our mandate of protecting the public by supporting our members on the front lines.
Statement from the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health (CCMOH) on the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic response (February 14, 2022)
As Canada approaches the two-year mark of the pandemic, it is important to recognize all that we have collectively accomplished. We recognize the strength of Canadians and the sacrifices that we have all made in these unprecedented times. Going forward, we are in a stronger position than ever before. Over one year into the largest vaccination campaign in Canadian history, we have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with close to 84% of eligible people in Canada having at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination, together with all the public health measures and changes we have made to our way of living, working and socializing, has worked to minimize COVID-19 harms in Canada. These measures have saved lives but have come at a cost. As we emerge from the Omicron wave, it is an opportune time to take a broad perspective and map out our path forward as we look towards the spring and brighter days ahead.
Vaccination support statement
The College strongly recommends that all MRTs and ENPs become fully vaccinated.
Active public health orders in Alberta
- Alberta Health | COVID-19 vaccine program
- Alberta Health | COVID-19 vaccine questions and answers for the public and health-care practitioners
- Alberta Health | COVID-19 info for Albertans
- Alberta Health | COVID-19 orders and legislation
- Alberta Health | Rapid testing at home
- Alberta Health Services | COVID-19 self-assessment for healthcare workers
- Alberta Health Services | Infection Prevention & Control
- Alberta Health Services | Interim IPC Recommendations: COVID-19
- Alberta Health Services | COVID-19 Guidance for Community Providers
- Alberta Health Services | Long COVID Information & Resources
- Alberta Medical Association | Navigating COVID – Where to seek care if you have COVID symptoms (Adults, teens, children)
- Alberta Medical Association | Past webinars: COVID-19
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta | COVID-19 guidance for community medical clinics
- Government of Canada | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
- Government of Canada | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): For health professionals
19 To Zero
19 To Zero is a dedicated coalition of academics, public health experts, behavioural economists, and creative professionals working to understand, engage with, and ultimately shift public perceptions around COVID-19 behaviours and vaccination.