The Regulation Education Module (REM) is an online tool designed to provide MRT and ENP professionals the information they need to know and understand practice standards in Alberta. REM also explains self-regulation, the responsibilities of being a regulated health professional and the College’s regulatory pillars. There are five chapters in REM with a total of 28 multiple-choice questions on the following topics:
- Module 1: Legislation
- The Health Professions Act and other statutes of legislation
- Module 2: Public Accountability
- The complaints process and other ways in which the College is accountable to Albertans
- Module 3: Professional practice
- The restricted activities members are authorized to perform
- Module 4: Standards and Ethics
- The Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Module 5: Continuing Competence Program
- The Continuing Competence Program
A 100% score is required in each of the five modules to complete REM.
REM can be accessed through My CCP. The College will send you instructions on how to log in once you’ve submitted your application. Student members also gain access to REM and are encouraged to complete it to prepare for their future professional practice.
If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165.