This information is for students enrolled in a College-approved educational program in Alberta seeking to become student members with the College. If you are currently a student and looking for information on how to register for a practice permit, please visit the How to Apply page for more information.
Benefits of student membership
There are many benefits available to being a student member of the College. These benefits are provided to the student throughout their training program and in their initial registration to practice in Alberta. The following highlights some of the benefits you receive through student membership:
- The $100 student application fee* is a one-time fee that gives students all benefits associated with student membership while you remain a student in the program.
- When you apply for full or temporary registration after graduation, the $100 application fee will be waived (this does not apply to out-of-province students). An Alberta graduate who has transferred out of Alberta to another province is no longer eligible for the application fee exemption upon return to Alberta.
- You receive the College’s quarterly newsletter publication, which will give you the most up-to-date information on important aspects of our members’ practice.
- You have the opportunity to register for the provincial conference at the much-reduced student rate.
- You gain access to the Regulation Education Module. This learning module explains what it means to be a regulated member of the College and is encouraged by most medical radiation technology programs in Alberta.
To become a student member of the College, complete the Student Membership Application and pay the appropriate fees.
If you have any questions regarding student membership, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165.
*Out-of-province student application fee is $50.00. Out-of-province students are considered to be students who occupy a seat in one of the Alberta programs through inter-provincial education agreements.