The College is responsible for ensuring that an individual practicing as a medical radiation technologist or electroneurophysiology technologist in Alberta is qualified to do so. Registration with the College assures the public that the technologist has met the requirements defined by the registration regulation made under the Health Professions Act (HPA).
The following are the requirements for registration with the College:
- Successful completion of an approved program of study or education deemed to be substantially equivalent in the specialty you are applying to
- Successful completion of an entry-to-practice examination set or approved by the College Council (not required for temporary registration)
- Practice history that includes the required number of practice hours in the previous five years (new graduates are exempt from this requirement, if the application is submitted within two years of graduation)
- Reasonable proficiency in English so as to be able to engage safely and competently in the practice of medical diagnostic and therapeutic technology in Alberta
- Declaration of conduct along with details and documentation if applicable
- Successful completion of the regulation education module approved by the College
- Proof of professional liability insurance (PLI) or protection against professional liability in accordance with the requirements set out by the College
- Submission of a criminal record check
- Payment of the applicable fees
If you’re not sure if you meet the requirements or if you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165.