The College is transitioning from a paper application process to an online process. Online applications are currently available for Alberta graduates who have passed the entry-to-practice examination, Canadian labour mobility applicants and Canadian non-labour mobility applicants, and online applications for the remainder of the application streams will go live over the next few months. Please review the registration requirements applicable to all applicants, then follow the application process appropriate to your situation:
- Alberta graduates of a College-approved educational program who have completed the entry-to-practice examination
- Recent graduates of a College-approved educational program who have not yet completed the entry-to-practice examination applying for temporary registration
- Canadian labour mobility applicants (MRTs who are currently registered to practice in another Canadian province where their specialty is regulated)
- Canadian non-labour mobility applicants (Canadian graduates who practice as MRTs or ENPs in an unregulated province in Canada or who are not registered with their provincial regulatory authority in their home jurisdiction)
- Internationally educated applicants (internationally educated applicants who seek to be registered to work in Alberta and are not registered to practice in another Canadian province or territory)
- Applicants currently registered in another jurisdiction who want to practice in Alberta for a set period of time not exceeding six months (courtesy registration)
If you determine that you meet the requirements, you’re ready to apply for registration with the College. Gather the required documentation, complete the appropriate application and submit your completed application to the College.
Where indicated, original documents should be mailed to the College:
Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists
Suite 800, 4445 Calgary Trail
Edmonton AB Canada T6H 5R7
Application forms and document copies can be mailed to the above address, emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 780.432.9106. Please note that paper applications are no longer accepted for streams that have online applications available.
If you plan on practicing in more than one specialty, you’ll need to submit a separate application for each one if your stream is still applying using the paper process. Those applying online will be able to apply for multiple specialties using a single application. You will also need to submit an additional and enhanced practice authorization application if you will be performing certain restricted activities.
Once you’ve submitted your application, the College will review it within three to five business days and contact you with the next steps.
If you are currently a registered member of the College or were in the past, please visit the Members section for more information on other registration functions, including renewal, reinstatement, upgrading, resignation and registration changes.
If you’re not sure which application process applies to your situation or if you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165.