The Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (the College) is pleased to release our 2023-2026 Strategic Plan.
This strategic plan presents our refreshed mission and the blueprint of how we will continue being well-positioned to meet the challenges of regulating within an increasingly complex and dynamic landscape. Through this plan, we will continue working diligently and seamlessly with our staff, registrants, and other partners to respond to emerging opportunities while upholding our commitment to serving the public.
Several years of regulatory changes demanded by Bill 46 (the Health Statutes Amendment Act, 2020 (No. 2)) and other bills refined the organization’s trajectory, making the update necessary.
The work began in September 2022 and included conversations with numerous groups. Considerations were made to include the perspectives and needs of beneficiaries, including the public, current and prospective registrants, employers, staff, and volunteers, as well as stakeholders such as the Government of Alberta, professional associations, accreditors and other health regulators.
The new Strategic Plan follows other recent College document updates, including our governance policy, Code of Ethics, and Bylaws.
Public confidence in receiving safe, competent, and ethical diagnostic and therapeutic care from regulated professionals.
Integrity, Accountability, Transparency, Professionalism, Collaboration
- Monitor, apply and advance regulatory best practices
- Advance fair, transparent and accountable systems, policies, and procedures
- Hold registrants accountable to regulatory requirements
- Ensure resources and infrastructure to integrate Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Forge a culture of regulatory excellence for public protection
- Support staff and leaders in making the college an effective and responsive regulator
- Implement strategies to enhance the professional practice of registrants
- Build and sustain an equitable, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Strengthen and communicate our mission
- Facilitate the public’s ability to better understand our mission
- Advance collaboration with the government, partner organizations, and other regulators
- Provide education for registrants to further our mission