Modernizing the security of My Profile to the best industry standards with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is coming to the registrant/applicant database at the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (the College).
Starting July 1, 2023, when users log in to My Profile, they will also be sent a code by email that must be entered. This security upgrade will affect all registrants, applicants, students, and diagnostic imaging sonographers on our roster.
Requiring users to confirm their login from new devices is a recognized security and privacy best practice. This familiar process requires you to type in a code emailed to you when you connect for the first time from a new device or browser. Following best practices, re-authentication will be required periodically.
Users Urged to Replace Work Email with Personal Email
Those using a work email address for their My Profile account may have trouble accessing the 2FA code outside work hours or due to work spam filters. So, the College strongly recommends changing it to a personal email address (see below).
For privacy reasons, once the email address is updated, users must also email email@example.com requesting to change the login to the updated email address. Users will be notified when they can log in using the new email address.
Tips & Tricks
- If using a work email, change it to a personal email in Two Steps:
- 1. Change your email address in My Profile.
- 2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org asking to change your My Profile log into your personal email address. You will be notified when your new email address can be used to log in to My Profile.
- If more than 1 code is sent, ONLY the most recent code is valid.
- Trouble getting your code? Close your browser and all associated tabs and start a new session.
Questions? Contact email@example.com, 780.487.6130, or toll-free at 1.800.282.2165.