Online annual registration renewal opens October 1, 2018.
The Health Professions Act requires members to be registered and to hold a valid practice permit with the College in order to legally practice within the designated specialties in Alberta. This information is specific to annual registration renewals and renewal processes.
- October 1 to November 30, 2018 – annual registration renewal for 2019
- December 1, 2018 – Registration renewal applications received on or after this date will be subject to an additional $150 administration charge applied as a late fee on top of the $450 registration fee
- December 31, 2018 – The online registration renewal system will close, you must contact the College to complete registration after this date.
- January 1, 2019 – If you have not completed the renewal process and paid the fees, your practice permit will be suspended and you must cease practice.
- Practicing the profession with an expired or invalid practice permit is considered unprofessional conduct.
2019 Annual Registration Renewal
Before going online, please have the following items ready:
- User ID and case sensitive password to login to the College website
- Practice Hours for 2018 – Locate your most recent 2018 paystub(s) from all employers and determine the number of practice hours you have worked so far in 2018. Add the number of hours you expect to work until December 31, 2018. Exclude vacation and sick-time hours.
- Current employer’s information.
- Payment Information – If paying fees by VISA or MasterCard, have the card number ready.
To contact the College with registration questions:
Please call the College at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165 or by email at email@example.com.