Online annual registration renewal opens October 1, 2019.
The Health Professions Act requires members to be registered and to hold a valid practice permit with the College in order to legally practice within the designated specialties in Alberta. This information is specific to annual registration renewals and renewal processes.
- October 1 to December 31, 2019 – Annual registration renewal for 2020.
- December 1, 2019 – Registration renewal applications received on or after this date will be subject to an additional $150 administration charge applied as a late fee on top of the $450 registration fee. This applies to regulated members in the general register.
- December 31, 2019 – The online registration renewal system will close; you must contact the College to complete registration after this date.
- January 1, 2020 – If you have not completed the renewal process and paid the fees, your practice permit will be suspended and you must cease practice. If you are registered as an associate, please note that your membership will expire as of this date.
Practicing the profession with an expired or invalid practice permit is considered unprofessional conduct.
2020 Annual Registration Renewal
Before going online, please have the following items ready:
- User ID and case sensitive password to login to the College website.
- Ensure you have completed your 2018/2019 CCP cycle which consists of three components: self-reflection, learning plan, and learning activities. Ensure you have the required number of hours needed.
- Practice Hours for 2019 – Locate your most recent 2019 paystub(s) from all employers and determine the number of practice hours you have worked so far in 2019. Add the number of hours you expect to work until December 31, 2019. Exclude vacation, time on-call, sick-time hours and hours accrued while holding a temporary practice permit.
- Complete an Additional and Enhanced Practice Renewal form and scan/fax it to the College if you have Additional and Enhanced Practice included on your current practice permit. If you have Additional and Enhanced Practice currently included on your practice permit and wish not to renew, you must notify the College by emailing email@example.com.
- Current employer’s information.
- Professional Liability Insurance number on your Professional Association/Certificate or Employee Policy.
- Payment Information – If paying fees by VISA or MasterCard, have the card number ready.
To contact the College with registration questions:
Please call the College at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.