A variety of learning activities may be used in order to support learning pursuant to the regulated member’s area of practice. Activities that may be considered for learning include but are not limited to reading journals, taking courses and website learning. The following link provides a listing of potential options for learning. It is important to note that the learning resources provided serve as suggestions and may not apply to each member’s practice. A personal learning record must be completed in order to support the learning that has taken place.
The Competence Committee of the College has considered varied learning activities that have been submitted through the CCP audit process. The following is a list of learning activities the Competence Committee has deemed to be satisfactory, satisfactory with time restrictions and not satisfactory (please note that this is only a listing of potential options).
Satisfactory learning activities
- When a member delivers a presentation/lecture, it is recognized that this involves professional learning. In light of this, the member may use the time spent in preparation for this activity and the time spent delivering this presentation/lecture one time, towards the CCP requirements.
Satisfactory learning activities with time restrictions
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) time may be counted for up to four hours per CCP cycle. Any CPR hours that exceed the four hours are not considered to add to the satisfactory learning requirement.
- ACMDTT courses, including the Regulation Education Module, Heightening Professional Boundaries and Occupational Health & Safety in the Health Care Environment and the AFRHP Protecting Patients from Sexual Abuse and Misconduct course may be counted for up to four hours each towards a CCP cycle.
- College/Association newsletters, and articles contained therein, may be counted for up to no more than one hour of learning collectively, per issue, towards a CCP cycle.
- College members, who complete peer-to-peer image/recording reviews, may use a maximum of four hours towards a CCP cycle.
- College members, who participate in the act of clinical precepting, may use a maximum of five hours towards a CCP cycle.
- Job/performance evaluations may be counted for up to no more than one hour of learning per CCP cycle.
- Participation in tradeshows for the purpose of public awareness of the profession may be used for a maximum of eight hours per CCP cycle.
- The My CCP tutorial may be used for a maximum of one-half hour of satisfactory learning.
- N95 mask fitting may be used for a maximum of 15 minutes per CCP cycle
Unsatisfactory learning activities
- A learning activity submitted without adequate self-reflection is not considered satisfactory learning.
- Time spent completing ACMDTT CCP documentation is not considered satisfactory learning.
- Learning for personal improvement (i.e., yoga, wellness activities), not related to professional improvement, is not considered a satisfactory learning activity.
- Time spent learning shift management software, expense tracking or payroll education is not considered satisfactory learning
- Online video learning (i.e., YouTube) will not be considered satisfactory learning unless supported with appropriate citation and appropriate self-reflection
- Staff/Committee meetings, without adequate self-reflection for each individual meeting, are not considered satisfactory learning.
- Meetings restricted to the content of contract negotiations/pension plans are not considered satisfactory learning.
- Personal financial planning activities and union meetings are not considered satisfactory learning.
- Research completed on peer-edited websites (i.e., Wikipedia or derivatives) is not considered satisfactory learning.
- Time spent completing an examination is not considered satisfactory learning.
- Time spent on social media networking is not considered satisfactory learning
Learning activities recorded in duplicate (or other multiples) will only be counted once towards the member’s CCP
These courses are available for free:
A comprehensive look at the pillars of regulation that govern the practice of ACMDTT members. This may be accessed through the My CCP portal on the home page.
An introspective course that explores the obvious, and not-so-obvious, boundaries that exist in the Professional/Patient relationship
As the quiz and answers cannot be accessed as part of the automated tutorial, you may find them below.
Taking technologists beyond the technical to the general practices every technologist should know.
Created by the Alberta Federation of Regulated Health Professions, this course helps regulated health professionals understand and comply with Bill 21: An Act to Protect Patients. The Continuing Competence Committee considers this learning essential for members and has determined this course and its quizzes may be counted for up to 4 hours per CCP cycle. This government-funded course replaces the interim step the College had taken through the learning module that you have seen on our website so far.
Virtual CONNECT 2020 Recordings
CONNECT 2020 was cancelled due to the evolving situation with COVID-19. To continue supporting MRTs and ENPs in their continuing education, the College collaborated with the CAMRT to invite some speakers who were scheduled to do education sessions at the conference to present their sessions virtually.
CONNECT 2019 Recordings
The CONNECT 2019 recordings have been published to the CAMRT CPD catalogue.
They can be found on the CAMRT website.
These recordings are now being offered at no cost. If you are a CAMRT member, log into your profile when prompted and the 100% discount will be automatically applied at check out. If you are not a CAMRT member, simply log in as a guest and use the code CONNECT2019 to receive the discount.
CONNECT 2018 Recordings:
The CONNECT 2018 recordings have been published to the CAMRT CPD catalogue.
They can be found on the CAMRT website.
2017 ACMDTT Conference Presentations
- Professionalism in Healthcare. Why it Matters – Dr. Samina Ali
- From Overpowered to Empowered: 5 simple steps – Heather Andrews
- Living Well Beyond Cancer: Supporting self-management in the post-treatment phase of cancer – Amanda Jacques
- It’s the Parts that Matter. – Sidsel Pedersen & Virginia Sanders
Mobile Applications (Apps)
Fees may apply
- iRadTech HD by Ron Reed RT(R); https://itunes.apple.com/app/iradtech-hd/id473487610?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Speed Bones MD (quiz) http://speedanatomy.com
- Chest X-ray by MIRC s.r.l. https://appadvice.com/app/chest-x-ray/656637615
- RadRef – Normal Values in Diagnostic Imaging by Hyperexis http://radref.org/app.php
Post-Secondary Courses & Programs
- NAIT – Professional Development for Medical Radiological Technologists
- Athabasca University http://www.athabascau.ca/calendar/page03_19.html
- BCIT – Bachelor of Technology http://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/8350btech
- BCIT – Distance Education Courses http://www.bcit.ca/path/health/programs/distance.shtml
- Charles Sturt University http://www.csu.edu.au
- Memorial University http://www.mi.mun.ca/BTECH/
- Michener Institute – Continuing Education Courses http://www.michener.ca/ce/catlist.php?main_category_id=1
- NAIT – Bachelor of Technology http://www.nait.ca/program_home_28092.htm
- NAIT – Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate http://www.nait.ca/program_home_89342.htm
- NAIT – Medical Radiological Technology Review http://www.nait.ca/program_home_40288.htm
- SAIT – Bone Mineral Densitometry (APPH 110) http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/continuing-education/courses/apph/bone-mineral-densitometry
- SAIT – Preceptor Training (PDEV 190) http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/continuing-education/courses/pdev/preceptor-training
- Thompson Rivers University – Bachelor of Health Science http://www.tru.ca/distance/programs/health-science/bachelor-health-science.html
- Radiology http://radiology.rsna.org/
- American Journal of Neuroradiology http://www.ajnr.org/
- American Journal of Roentgenology http://www.ajronline.org/
- Applied Radiology http://www.appliedradiology.com
- BMC Medical Imaging http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcmedimaging
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine http://jnm.snmjournals.org/
- Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences http://www.jmirs.org/
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology
Current News & Information
- Aunt Minnie http://www.auntminnie.com/index.asp?sec=def&d=1
- Canadian Institute for Health Information https://www.cihi.ca/en
- DiagnosticImaging.com http://www.diagnosticimaging.com/home?verify=0
- Imaging Technology News http://www.itnonline.com/
- Medscape http://www.medscape.com/
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.camrt.ca
- CAMRT-BC http://www.bcamrt.bc.ca
- Saskatchewan Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://samrt.org/
- Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.mamrt.ca/
- College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario http://www.cmrto.org/
- Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences www.oamrs.org
- Ordre des Technologues en imagerie medicale, en radio-oncologie et en electrophysiologie medicale du Quebec https://www.otimroepmq.ca/
- Prince Edward Island Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.peiamrt.com/
- New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://nbamrt.ca/
- Nova Scotia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.nsamrt.ca/
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.nlamrt.ca/
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology http://www.asnc.org/
- Radiological Society of North America http://www.rsna.org/
- British Institute of Radiology http://www.bir.org.uk/
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists http://www.asrt.org/
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists https://www.isrrt.org/
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging http://www.snmmi.org/
- Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists http://www.caet.org/
- Canadian Board of Registration of Electroencephalograph Technologists http://www.cbret.org/
- American Board of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists http://www.abret.org/
- ASET – The Neurodiagnostic Society http://www.aset.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1
- Canadian Association of Nuclear Medicine http://www.canm-acmn.ca/
- Canadian Association of Neurophysiological Monitoring http://www.canm.ca/
Health Information Databases
- PubMed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- Embase (subscription required) http://embase.com/
- Cochrane Library
- MedlinePlus http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
- US National Library of Medicine http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/
- Knowledge Resource Service (for employees of AHS and Covenant Health http://krs.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=2284614 and http://krs.libguides.com/aboutus
Safety & Ethics
- Disease prevention and surveillance
- Transgender Awareness & Acceptability
- Gender Data Limitations of-m-f: How to address them with five steps
- Canada Communicable Disease Report http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/
- MRI Safety http://www.mrisafety.com/
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute http://www.patientsafetyinstitute.ca/English/Pages/default.aspx
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology http://www.pedrad.org/
- Image Gently http://imagegently.org/
- Image Wisely http://imagewisely.org/
- Radiation Protection of Patients (RPOP) from IAEA https://rpop.iaea.org/RPoP/RPoP/Content/index.htm?utm_source=ebulletin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130904
Other Learning Opportunities
- CAMRT http://www.camrt.ca/professional-development/
- Advanced Health Education Center http://www.aheconline.com/
- Medical Technology Management Institute http://www.mtmi.net/index.php
- CTisus: advancing diagnostic imaging http://www.ctisus.com/
- STARS (Specialized Topics in Areas of Radiologic Sciences) http://www.xrayhomestudies.com/
- CE Essentials http://ceessentials.net/
- Radiological Technology Learning Activities http://www.micinfo.com/index.xml
- RT Students.com (Radiology for Students and Professionals) http://www.rtstudents.com/bonedensitometry/index.htm
- On The Right Track – Rhonda Scharf http://www.on-the-right-track.com/events
- Rad Units: Continuing Education for Imaging Technologists https://www.radunits.com
- X-Ray Lady CE for Imaging Professionals www.x-raylady.com
- The Burwin Institute – “Breast Ultrasound” https://www.burwin.com/course/breast-ultrasound
- Get Your CEU: Continuing Education for Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists https://www.getyourceu.com/
- Take CE: Healthcare Continuing Education https://www.takece.com/