This information is for students enrolled in a College-approved educational program in Alberta seeking to become student members with the College. If you are currently a student and looking for information on how to register for a practice permit, please visit the How to Apply page for more information.
Benefits of student membership
There are many benefits available to being a student member of the College. These benefits are provided to the student throughout their training program and in their initial registration to practice in Alberta. The following highlights some of the benefits you receive through student membership:
- The $100 student application fee is a one-time fee that gives students all benefits associated with student membership while you remain a student in the program.
- When you apply for general or temporary registration after graduation, the $100 application fee will be waived. An Alberta graduate who has transferred out of Alberta to another province is no longer eligible for the application fee exemption upon return to Alberta.
- You receive the College’s quarterly newsletter publication, which will give you the most up-to-date information on important aspects of our members’ practice.
- You gain access to the Regulation Education Module. This learning module explains what it means to be a regulated member of the College and is encouraged by most medical radiation technology programs in Alberta.
How to apply
The following steps are required to apply for a student membership:
- Register for an account for our online member portal, also known as My Profile.
- Log in to your account and select “Apply” in the “Student” box on your home screen to begin your application.
- Complete all sections of the application. Please complete the steps in order as certain selections populate information in subsequent steps.
- Select “Student” from the “Application stream” dropdown menu.
- Enter your personal information.
- Select the specialty(ies) you are studying.
- Add information about your current educational program and any other post-secondary education you have completed, if applicable.
- Complete the declaration of compliance.
- Verify the information you entered and submit your application.
- Pay the $100 application fee.
- Receive confirmation from the College that your student membership application has been approved.
If you have any questions regarding student membership, please feel welcome to contact the College by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780.487.6130 or 1.800.282.2165.