A variety of learning activities may be used in order to support learning pursuant to the regulated member’s area of practice. Activities that may be considered for learning include but are not limited to reading journals, taking courses and website learning. The following link provides a listing of potential options for learning. It is important to note that the learning resources provided serve as suggestions and may not apply to each member’s practice. A personal learning record must be completed in order to support the learning that has taken place.
May 10-11, 2019
Add May 10-11, 2019 to your calendar!
In collaboration with CAMRT, we are pleased to announce the annual conference will be held in Edmonton on May 10-11, 2019.
The conference provides you the opportunity to:
- Meet the experts and mentors face-to-face.
- Choose from a variety of sessions on trends, technologies and best practices.
- Meet up to 50% of your CCP requirements: It’s an excellent way to reach half of your annual CCPs in only two days!
- Network with over 400 peers: It’s good to connect through email, it’s better to connect on the phone, but the best way to connect is face to face. Mingle over breakfast, lunch and snack breaks.
- Awards luncheon: Recognize colleagues for their leadership and excellence.
- Build employment contacts critical to your career path.
- Sonography sessions: Meaningful presentations which will be accredited by Sonography Canada.
Click here for more details about CONNECT 2019!
These courses are available for free:
ACMDTT Regulation Education Module
A comprehensive look at the pillars of regulation that govern the practice of ACMDTT members. This may be access through the My CCP portal on the home page.
Heightening Professional Boundaries Click here
An introspective course that explores the obvious, and not-so-obvious, boundaries that exist in the Professional/Patient relationship
As the quiz and answers cannot be accessed as part of the automated tutorial, you may find them below.
Occupational Health and Safety in the Health Care Environment Click here
Taking technologists beyond the technical to the general practices every technologist should know
CONNECT 2018 Recordings:
The CONNECT 2018 recordings have been published to the CAMRT CPD catalogue.
They can be found at here, on the CAMRT website.
Please contact Gertrud Jeewanjee (email@example.com) for complimentary access if you attended CONNECT 2018.
2017 ACMDTT Conference Presentations:
- Professionalism in Healthcare. Why it Matters – Dr. Samina Ali
- From Overpowered to Empowered: 5 simple steps – Heather Andrews
- Living Well Beyond Cancer: Supporting self-management in the post-treatment phase of cancer – Amanda Jacques
- It’s the Parts that Matter. – Sidsel Pedersen & Virginia Sanders
Not directly affiliated or endorsed by ACMDTT
- 20th Annual Continuing Medical Education Conference
May 3-5, 2019
Kananaskis Mountain Lodge Resort
For more information, click here
Mobile Applications (Apps)
Fees may apply
- iRadTech HD by Ron Reed RT(R); https://itunes.apple.com/app/iradtech-hd/id473487610?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Speed Bones MD (quiz) http://speedanatomy.com
- Chest X-ray by MIRC s.r.l. https://appadvice.com/app/chest-x-ray/656637615
- RadRef – Normal Values in Diagnostic Imaging by Hyperexis http://radref.org/app.php
Post-Secondary Courses & Programs
- Professional Development for Medical Radiological Technologists – NAIT
- Athabasca University http://www.athabascau.ca/calendar/page03_19.html
- BCIT – Bachelor of Technology http://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/8350btech
- BCIT – Distance Education Courses http://www.bcit.ca/path/health/programs/distance.shtml
- Charles Sturt University http://www.csu.edu.au
- Memorial University http://www.mi.mun.ca/BTECH/
- Michener Institute – Continuing Education Courses http://www.michener.ca/ce/catlist.php?main_category_id=1
- NAIT – Bachelor of Technology http://www.nait.ca/program_home_28092.htm
- NAIT – Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate http://www.nait.ca/program_home_89342.htm
- NAIT – Medical Radiological Technology Review http://www.nait.ca/program_home_40288.htm
- SAIT – Bone Mineral Densitometry (APPH 110) http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/continuing-education/courses/apph/bone-mineral-densitometry
- SAIT – Preceptor Training (PDEV 190) http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/continuing-education/courses/pdev/preceptor-training
- Thompson Rivers University – Bachelor of Health Science http://www.tru.ca/distance/programs/health-science/bachelor-health-science.html
- Radiology http://radiology.rsna.org/
- American Journal of Neuroradiology http://www.ajnr.org/
- American Journal of Roentgenology http://www.ajronline.org/
- Applied Radiology http://www.appliedradiology.com
- BMC Medical Imaging http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcmedimaging
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine http://jnm.snmjournals.org/
- Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences http://www.jmirs.org/
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology
Current News & Information
- Aunt Minnie http://www.auntminnie.com/index.asp?sec=def&d=1
- Canadian Institute for Health Information https://www.cihi.ca/en
- DiagnosticImaging.com http://www.diagnosticimaging.com/home?verify=0
- Imaging Technology News http://www.itnonline.com/
- Medscape http://www.medscape.com/
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.camrt.ca
- CAMRT-BC http://www.bcamrt.bc.ca
- Saskatchewan Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://samrt.org/
- Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.mamrt.ca/
- College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario http://www.cmrto.org/
- Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences www.oamrs.org.
- Ordre des Technologues en imagerie medicale, en radio-oncologie et en electrophysiologie medicale du Quebec https://www.otimroepmq.ca/
- Prince Edward Island Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.peiamrt.com/
- New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://nbamrt.ca/
- Nova Scotia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.nsamrt.ca/
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Medical Radiation Technologists http://www.nlamrt.ca/
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology http://www.asnc.org/
- Radiological Society of North America http://www.rsna.org/
- British Institute of Radiology http://www.bir.org.uk/
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists http://www.asrt.org/
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists https://www.isrrt.org/
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging http://www.snmmi.org/
- Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists http://www.caet.org/
- Canadian Board of Registration of Electroencephalograph Technologists http://www.cbret.org/
- American Board of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists http://www.abret.org/
- ASET – The Neurodiagnostic Society http://www.aset.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1
- Canadian Association of Nuclear Medicine http://www.canm-acmn.ca/
- Canadian Association of Neurophysiological Monitoring http://www.canm.ca/
Health Information Databases
- PubMed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- Embase (subscription required) http://embase.com/
- Cochrane Library http://www.thecochranelibrary.com/view/0/index.html
- MedlinePlus http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
- US National Library of Medicine http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/
- Knowledge Resource Service (for employees of AHS and Covenant Health http://krs.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=2284614 and http://krs.libguides.com/aboutus
Safety & Ethics
- Alberta Health Infection Prevention and Control Strategy (2015) http://www.health.alberta.ca/health-info/prevent-infections.html
- Transgender Awareness & Acceptability
- Gender Data Limitations of-m-f: How to address them with five steps
- Canada Communicable Disease Report http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/ccdr-rmtc/
- MRI Safety http://www.mrisafety.com/
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute http://www.patientsafetyinstitute.ca/English/Pages/default.aspx
- Government of Alberta “Handbook of Occupational Hazards and Control for Personnel in Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine” (2011) http://employment.alberta.ca/documents/WHS/OHS-WSA-handbook-diagnostic-imaging.pdf
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology http://www.pedrad.org/
- Image Gently http://imagegently.org/
- Image Wisely http://imagewisely.org/
- Radiation Protection of Patients (RPOP) from IAEA https://rpop.iaea.org/RPoP/RPoP/Content/index.htm?utm_source=ebulletin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130904
Other Learning Opportunities
- CAMRT http://www.camrt.ca/professional-development/
- Advanced Health Education Center http://www.aheconline.com/
- Medical Technology Management Institute http://www.mtmi.net/index.php
- CTisus: advancing diagnostic imaging http://www.ctisus.com/
- STARS (Specialized Topics in Areas of Radiologic Sciences) http://www.xrayhomestudies.com/
- CE Essentials http://ceessentials.net/
- Radiological Technology Learning Activities http://www.micinfo.com/index.xml
- RT Students.com (Radiology for Students and Professionals) http://www.rtstudents.com/bonedensitometry/index.htm
- On The Right Track – Rhonda Scharf http://www.on-the-right-track.com/events
- Rad Units: Continuing Education for Imaging Technologists https://www.radunits.com
- X-Ray Lady CE for Imaging Professionals www.x-raylady.com
- The Burwin Institute – “Breast Ultrasound” https://www.burwin.com/course/breast-ultrasound